Sunday, November 18, 2018

MAKE UP | Essence follow your ♡ (heart) eyeshadow palette

Hey there beauties,

today I want to show you some swatches of the palette by essence called follow your ♡.
Recently I've been updating my makeup collection and I noticed that I don't have a good eyeshadow palette with neutral colours that I could use every day. It had to be nothing too colourful or artsy. I just needed nude/neutral/skin coloured tones for my eyes to accentuate them daily. So I went into our local drugstore and found a palette by essence that was reasonably priced. I didn't swatch it in the store because I thought that essence has a decent quality in general and so I thought their newest eyeshadow palettes should work for me anyway and I ended up buying the palette with the most neutral colour selection of their range. I have to say that I am disappointed with the quality of the shadows. Maybe the palette is for a very young target group where less pigmentation goes a longer way but the colours can't be build up as they are very dry and accentuate every tiny wrinkle on your eye. They are very powdery and the fall-out is absolutely above average for these shadows.
I am just not impressed at all. You can see on the photos below that the pigmentation of the darker colours is quite okay but the lighter colours are just invisible. To be real, I wouldn't have that much of a problem with the low pigmentation if the shadows would be buildable. But because they are so dry
an advanced eyeshadow look would be just intense crumble action. I think I have to give the palette a second chance and apply the shadows with a wet brush. Maybe they will work for me that way. But for now I can only say that my first impression is that they are low in pigmentation and sadly very crumbly. The palette contains 13,5 grams. What's nice is that it has a mirror inside the palette which is very handy. It has a magnetic closure.
Only the colours jet set and rich copper are glittery. The others have a matt finish.

To summarize, I will try to use this one up as much as possible but I won't buy an essence eyeshadow palette again as I am not satisfied with the quality of the shadows. The palette doesn't cost very much but still I can't accept the level of crumbliness of the shadows. It may be a good makeup beginners palette or if you are very young and want to keep your eyeshadow looks quite natural you surely can work with it but I will continue my mission to find a neutral coloured eyeshadow palette where the nude tones are highly pigmented and buttery in consistency.

Are you satisfied with essence eyeshadows? If yes, what eyeshadow can you recommend?

xNat

No comments:

Post a Comment